Posted on | April 7, 2015 | No Comments
Know your subject. That’s the key.
It’s also a challenge. In a content marketing consulting company, we have to write for a wide range of industries: software, hardware, manufacturing, construction, tourism, food and beverage… The list goes on and on. How can we write well about all of these topics?
Simple: research. Mostly, it’s about connecting and talking with the right people: the ones who are experts in their field. We drag that information out of their brains, one conversation at a time. Ask the right questions, get interesting answers.
When you know your subject, you can tell interesting stories. That’s our job. It’s how we can separate our clients from the pack. That’s how content marketing gets done.
Posted on | March 25, 2015 | No Comments
I’ve been working from an office for nearly two years. That might not seem like a big deal to some (“Two years? Try two decades, bub”). But before that, I worked from home for about four years and I don’t miss that much. I’ll definitely be looking for a desk to rent in a shared office in Vancouver in the next while.
As a content marketing consultant in Vancouver, I could just go back to working from home. For some, it seems pretty ideal. Yeah, for a bit, it is sweet. No time stuck in a commute. The boss will never be looking over your shoulder. Want to raid the granola bar stash in your pantry? Who’s going to stop you?
But I had a great time working from the office this past while. Why? A bunch of reasons. Read more
Posted on | March 23, 2015 | No Comments
Content marketing is the marketing tactic in 2015. How is your company telling your story? There are plenty of ways to reach your target market. Here are 7 pieces of content marketing you can produce to help your business grow — but there are plenty more where they came from.
1. Custom Product Landing Page. Launching a new widget? Give it a dedicated page. Tell the world about the pain it solves and the benefits it brings.
2. Case Study. Your product got results, even beyond what your customer’s wildest dreams. Tell other potential customers how it happened.
3. Press Release. You make a car that runs on water. Your new thermostat helps folks save 80 percent on their electric bills. Your company won an award for being the best at what you do. Tell the world about it.
4. White Paper. You’re a thought leader in the industry — and the research you’ve done shows how you’re the expert.
5. FAQ page. People have questions. You’ve got the answers. Put ‘em up on the web for people to find.
6. Blog Post. Link out to interesting stories in your sector that show off the great things you, your partners and other experts are doing — and maybe get some links back with some good karma.
7. Brochure. PDF, print, or both. It’s a highly visual piece of marketing collateral that they can flip through to remind them to give you a call.
How are you reaching out to your customers with content marketing?keep looking »